Walltite Spray Foam Case Study
Hawksbridge Church Conversion and Insulation Project As seen on Chanel 4’s Restoration Man
This Spray Foam Case study describes, building a family home from a crumbling Baptist church, Colin and Emma take on a monster self build on a crippling low budget. Makers of the Chanel 4 series, the Restoration Man, featuring Architect and TV presenter George Clarke have been following a couple who have taken on the challenge of renovating and converting the former Hawksbridge Baptist Church into a 4 bed roomed modernised family home.
Key Issues to address
- Convert a 100 year old building into a 4 bedroom family home
- Self Build working within a very tight budget and 3,000 sq ft space
- Leaking roof, damp, mould and dry rot to be addressed
- Major structural and damp issues throughout the building
The Hawksbridge Church conversion is a massive self build project, where converting a local church into a warm and comfortable family living space was a huge task for Colin and Emma to Undertake. With large ceilings it quickly became obvious that this cold and damp building needed an insulation solution that would address the curved ceiling architecture of the church and improve the buildings energy performance.
Having reviewed the options, the owners choose to apply Walltite from BASF as this met all of the customers needs. A huge portion of the budget(£17,000) was spent in applying the spray foam solution to the customers complete satisfaction.
- Replaced 66 windows
- Walltite, airtight spray foam insulation installed
- Super insulated living space
Feel Free to Watch The Video Below